The power of the human body is quite amazing. Take this 10-year study that focused on rotator cuffs where doctors looked to repair 90 injured patients. Half of the patients received their own concentrated bone marrow in their shoulder, and half did not. So what happened?
- The half who received their own concentrated bone marrow recovered significantly better than those who did not. After six months, and astounding 100% of the patients who receive bone marrow injections were healed completely, while 67% of those who did not, still had pain.
- Ten years after the treatment 87% of the patients in the bone marrow group still had intact rotator cuffs compared to 44% in the other group.
- MRI imaging revealed that the rotator cuffs of patients treated with stem cells were much thicker that those who did not receive any stem cells (their bone marrow).
Pretty nifty science, huh?
At McKenna Orthopedics, we use what is called the Bio-MAC® Bone Marrow Aspiration Cannula which harnesses the latest scientific innovation in safe bone marrow harvesting. This revolutionary new system for obtaining one’s own stem cells is safer and less painful for the patient than conventional bone marrow harvesting procedures.
A leading feature of the Bio-MAC is the mild insertion process. This procedure minimizes the potential for bruising and pain from other processes of bone marrow harvesting.
At McKenna Orthopedics, we specialize in these innovative procedures, so you can get back to doing what you love most.
So what shoulder conditions do we specialize in? Pretty much everything under the sun. Here is the list.
Common shoulder conditions treated at McKenna Orthopedics:
If your shoulder condition is not listed, please contact us to see if you are a candidate.
- Biceps tendon tear
- Bone fractures
- Chronic glenohumeral ligament sprains
- Labral tears or degeneration
- Rotator cuff tendonitis
- Rotator cuff tear
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Shoulder instability
Warm up that shoulder, and let’s connect! Reach out to us at email@example.com.